Saturday, February 05, 2005

Lucy Larcom

Have any of you read Lucy Larcom's stuff before? I recently received her diary in the mail (published in the 1800s). If you are ever looking for some new poetry or hymns to ponder on, she is a good one. She taught at the other Wheaton; too bad it wasn't ours.

Here sit I, as a little child;
The threshold of God's door
Is that clear band of chrysoprase;
Now the vast temple floor,
The blinding glory of the dome
I bow my head before.
Thy universe, O God, is home,
In height or depth, to me;
Yet here upon thy footstool green
Content am I to be;
Glad when is oped unto my need
Some sea-like glimpse of Thee.

6 comments:

Coye said...

This post looked like it needed a comment, so here goes: here's a war blog that I read sometimes. It has some really good glimpses into the private life of an army reservist: http://www.soldierlife.com/ It even has the occasional line of poetry [note the ridiculous attempt to tie the comment back to the post].

DM said...

Interesting site Coye. He is using the same software that I use for my blog on "Mylastname".net

Dave said...

Dusty, the dude I told you about earlier really wants to know if your brother still has the code for the old wheaton forum site. He want's answers now!

Yes or no! yea or nay! ????

DM said...

Dude, if your talking about A Fine, I already have email contact with him!

Dave said...

wierd. he just emailed me this morning asking for bonuses from my social networking

that crazy cat

Coye said...

A Fine... Are you guys talking about Ry-Ry?