Monday, July 16, 2007

Memory Application Beta almost there

Hey fellas. Check out the memory application I talked about a few comments ago. Now it integrates full ESV text using my special sauce. Single click a paragraph to get scrollable text up top, double-click to see the full text of the paragraph all together. Romans 1-8 is up there as a beta. I'm hoping to talk to the ESV online folks to see if they'd want to take this thing any further with me.

If you're at all into memorizing scripture, test this out and see if it helps. any suggestions are welcomed.

enjoying a vacation in Maine-- dave

2 comments:

Dave said...

link

Dave said...

well, ok. I know it's a good concept and I'm going on with it. needs a good series of steps before this final application so that users "get" it. It is intended to help folks get a better idea of the whole "shape" of a chapter of scripture, so they can navigate the larger structure in their minds eventually.

I have added a few more bits of functionality including a draggable cover during whole-paragraph view mode as well as more references, a slow and continuous scroll option and a selected highlight so users remember which paragraph in the chapter they have selected.

Any feedback is, of course, appreciated. Otherwise I'll just use this slot to speak, somewhat self-consciously (as before a one-way-mirror), to myself.