Thursday, July 14, 2005

Austin

Well, I went down to Austin last week and did a bit of apartment hunting. I don't suggest trying to find and pre-lease an appartment in two days. It gives you headaches. At least, it gives me headaches. Also, for those of you who might be changing cities in the near future, it's probably worth your time to find out if there are appartment finders where you are moving. I found out (after I had spent two and a half days driving all over Austin) that there are appartment hunters in Austin who will drive you around and show you a bunch of properties at no cost to you (the property owners pay them if you rent a place in their building). That would have been nice to know. Anyways, I'll figure out my mailing address when I get down there next month (Aug 12!!!) and make that available to anyone who wants it at that point. I also got my first cell phone while I was down there, so if you send me an email, I will send you my Austin telephone number (I'm also using it in Amarillo until I move). And it's a Cingular phone, so if any of you have the same service then we can talk to free. Yippee.

3 comments:

Adam said...

Isn't it fun to strike out on your own and make those irritating mistakes?! Well, I hope you find a great place. AND that you'll be satisfied with your cell phone. It's an annoying luxury, but a nice one. I will be driving near Austin in early September, so please email me your phone/address and I'll get a hold of you.

My new living arrangements are coming together, too. I have a house to share in Colorado Springs with a Wheaton grad (Josh Johnson), my cell phone is waiting for me there, and I've also got a very cool 2001 Cherokee 4x4 revving its engine for me. Can't wait to come back to the states and spoil myself a little bit. Everyone deserves that once in a while.

DM said...

Austin is a fantastic city. I love visiting there. I recommend the Hula Hut on Lake Austin for some great steak fajitas.

Coye said...

And I recommend the Ginger Man on 4th street off Guadalupe for some great beer.