Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Dear friends

Dear friends, I am pleased to announce my intention to leave Japan. It has been a good year and a half , but I'm ready to get back to the people and places I know. In fact, I feel like I'm ready to "settle down." I will leave in October, shortly after the end of the current teaching semester. I'll probably go to Dallas then to live with family or friends; but, on the other hand, I'm willing to go where I'm called, wherever that might be, if it's the right person doing the calling.

I've still got months ahead of me here, though, so I'm trying not to daydream but rather focus on the things at hand, work, rest, and play, mainly work. I am teaching a lot more classes than I have before and I can already feel pressure on my weak organizational and planning skills. I'm sure I'll make it through all right, but I do ask for your prayers.

I'll keep you posted as I decide where I'm going and what I'll be doing in America. I'll be home over summer vacation to work this out.

Right. Banek in Japan, out.

BTW, I updated my photos, which was why I started this post in the first place: http://photobucket.com/albums/v464/RyanBanek/

4 comments:

DM said...

"settle down" and "right person"...hmmm

To me, it sounds as if you have a young lady in mind. True?

Coye said...

Maybe he's joining the priesthood.

Ryan said...

I'll send you an invitation to my wedding just as soon as I get them printed up.

Strauss said...

Ryan, I'm interested in knowing what is going on with you. Also, I need to get in touch with Steve or you regardless.