Friday, December 17, 2004

Christmas Letter

In an effort to reach out to people that I haven't heard from in a while, I composed a Christmas letter before this blog was ever up and running. Traber 6 is not the only target audience, but I don't think you'd find it too boring. I'll probably post some other news that's not in the Christmas letter, too. I try to keep Christmas letters cheery.


For the Son of Man came to seek and save what was lost.
-- Luke 19:10


Dear Friends and Family, Christmas, 2004

Growing some shallow roots in DC/Alexandria, VA has been a rewarding process. I still work at the Bureau of Economic Analysis (BEA) in Downtown D.C, where I have gotten to know some of my co-workers better, and I still take evening grad school courses in economics at George Mason University. I should have my master’s degree half completed by May.

Alexandria Presbyterian Church has become my church home. Besides sitting in the pew on Sunday morning, I’m currently attending a small group Bible study. I hope to start an informal college and career group and to get involved with the church’s missions committee in the coming year.

I had to replace my apartmentmate in September. Torrey Babson, the old guy, got married. The wedding was nice, and I got to see Catherine Dyson (now married) and Mark Sheerin (college people). The new guy is Jack Williard, a recently graduated engineer, raised in North Carolina, schooled in Boston. Living with Jack is working out well. It’s not uncommon for us to go running together after work on nights that we’re both home. I spend the bulk of my friend time with Jack or friends from college. For those wondering, the Wheaton-Traber 6 contingent currently stands at David DeGroot, Brett, Luke, and myself.

Jack and I are getting quite experienced (and hopefully skilled) at hosting out of town guests. The apartment has seen over a dozen day or night, out of town guests this past year. Andrew Burger, Paul Ashman, Kari Geske, Aaron Chaney, my parents, and Erin (my sister) have come to visit me. Also, Mark Sheerin, my old RA, came to visit my old roommate. My job gives me long weekends every other week, which works out well with having guests, especially on holiday weekends that are often four day weekends for me. Consider this letter an open invitation, especially since my limited vacation time restricts my ability to see everyone.

For vacation this year, my sister and I tripped by train through Germany, Austria, and Switzerland in May. Erin impressed me with how well she did on her first backpacking circuit. In 2005, I hope to visit college friends, Ryan Banek and Steve Hunter, in Japan.

I hope that this letter finds you and your loved ones well, and I would love to hear from you. My email is now
andykstrauss@juno.com, and the cell has not changed +1 703 402 2821.

Grace and Peace,
Andy

No comments: